Manage the challenges of multi-national business
Prepare yourself for the challenges in a fast-changing international business world and become a strong and indispensable partner in the company.
In this course, based on the two modules «Intercultural competence for global cooperation» and «Let’s talk business», you expand and strengthen the skills you need as an international management assistant.
You will focus on the dynamics, challenges and success factors when cooperating internationally and also profit from a very practice-oriented introduction to the cultural dimensions relevant for global communication and coordination.
Management skills alone are not enough to assert oneself on the international stage. The perfect juggling of the intercultural factors and the Englisch business language are very important parts of your performance.
Each module lasts for 2 days. The course, which consists of 2 face-to-face seminars and 4 e-learning modules, is completed with a certificate and is based on the latest developments and trends. In general you are free to choose the order of the modules. It is therefore possible to start the course at any time.
Module 1: «Intercultural competence for global cooperation»
Good to know!
- International business ideals in contrast to Swiss work priorities
- The most invisible culture clashes – and how to avoid them
- Quick fix: Profiting from practice-proven ‘best-of’ strategies
- The best motivational triggers around the world
- How do other cultures see us?
- Reading between the lines: What’s the message behind the message?
- List of ‚secret codes’ typical for very indirect cultures
- How to talk about mistakes, delays and problems without losing momentum
Timelines, planning, efficiency
- Mañana meets strict Swiss deadlines: Why time commitment differs
- Handling highly dynamic business settings with fast changing priorities
- How to get what you need
Hierarchy and status
- Top-down hierarchy meets team-orientation: Who is who? What to do
- Hierarchical danger zones
- How to get out of the status trap
How to increase efficiency
- What it takes to strengthen commitment and get things done
Module 2: «Let’s talk business»
English phone calls – No problem!
- Key skills to communicate smoothly and confidently on the phone
- Modern phrases, friendly style
- Clarifying tasks in a motivating way
- Breaking bad news diplomatically
- Your Indian business partner has a rather strong accent, your Chinese contact speaks English very poorly, your American caller talks too fast, ….
- How to handle difficult phone calls
Workshop: Let’s do it!
- Let’s discuss and practice some of your typical phone calls
- Get answers to your questions and practice-proven support for your daily tasks
- (The topics will be defined by the participants)
Challenges of multi-cultural meetings
- Must-do’s and No-goes for international meetings
- Handling low levels of English as well as native speakers
- Intercultural success factors to be aware of
- Checklist for successful online meetings
- Best practice recommendations
Workshop: Let’s do it!
- How to get a great start and create a motivating atmosphere
- Language ‘niceties’ to spotlight dramatically different levels of politeness
- Small talk in meetings: Timing, tools and topics
- Time to update your writing style? Quick fix
- British ‘black list’ of outdated email phrases
- Broaden your range of expressions: Top sentences to get started
- How to come to an end
- Diplomatic strategies for tricky emails
Workshops: Let’s do it!
- Let’s write some sample mails
- Intercultural communication in teams, 60 minutes
- Communicate appreciatively, 50 minutes
- Talking through conflicts, 50 minutes
- Conflict resolution between colleagues, 60 minutes
- You will increase your international business know-how
- You will be aware of the intercultural impact on your work
- You can identify what’s going on in the background
- You will know how to handle a high variety of mind-sets
- You will receive tools and techniques for successful multi-national cooperation
- You will profit from the exchange of experience within the group and a trainer who has been working internationally for more than 26 years
- You will increase your fluency when speaking English
- You will expand your rhetorical toolbox and flexibility
- You will strengthen your ability to react spontaneously in a foreign language
- You will know how to adapt your communication style to the cultures you do business with
- You will brush up your English writing style
- You will broaden your range of expressions
- You will enjoy an interactive workshop format
- You will exchange tips for tricky conversations and emails
- You will find out how to develop your most successful communication style
- You will get your message across and connect with your international contacts
Certificate recognition status
Owing to its good reputation and high level of awareness in Switzerland, the certificate is very highly recognised and accepted at national level. The certificate has been awarded for many years now, and is constantly being adapted to reflect the latest challenges facing companies, managers and employees. Thanks to a high degree of satisfaction, hundreds of participants have already carried the name to the outside world. The majority of participants attend on the basis of recommendation, demonstrating that both recognition and participant satisfaction are very high.
Participants must attend all seminar days in full to receive the certificate. No further examinations take place at this high level.
Once the certificate has been issued, participants are entitled to use the title «Certified International Management Assistant ZfU».
Assistants, office managers and team members who work and communicate internationally. People who wish to work confidently and efficiently when cooperating with business people from all over the world. Fluent English language skills are mandatory.
Trainer input, phrase banks, exchange of experience, best practice strategies, discussions, exercises, language activities, workshops, phrase banks, questionnaires, self-assessments, short video clips for illustration
Day 1: 09:00 - 17:00
Day 2: 09:00 - 16:30
The dates and the order are freely selectable, but it is preferable to do module 1 before module 2 – if possible. When booking the entire course, 2 modules cost CHF 5'430.00 instead of CHF 5'960.00 for individual bookings. Each additional module CHF 2'533.00 instead of CHF 2'980.00 (2 seminar days). It is also possible to register for the course after attending one of the modules. In order for you to be able to benefit from the course price, it must be booked as a whole. Have you already booked/completed individual seminars and would now like to complete the course? Get in touch, we will be happy to make you a special offer.
Registration directly online or via firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to make changes. Please note the current seminar descriptions.
Karin van der Auwera
Sie ist spezialisiert darauf, Klarheit in die multi-nationale Zusammenarbeit zu bringen, die Leistung internationaler Teams zu verbessern und interkulturell funktionierende Lösungen für eine bessere, weltweite Zusammenarbeit zu finden. Ihre Expertise umfasst interkulturelles Bewusstsein, Verständnis und die Entwicklung international erfolgreicher Kommunikationsstrategien. Sie ist sowohl bei länder-spezifischen Herausforderungen eine praxis-bewährte Expertin als auch bei der Entwicklung und Vermittlung genereller globaler Perspektiven. In einer sehr internationalen Karriere hat sie sowohl in Europa, Grossbritannien, als auch in USA studiert und gearbeitet. Seit mehr als 25 Jahren unterstützt sie weltweit führende Unternehmen mit ihrem Know-how. Sie ist darüber hinaus eine in Deutschland & USA publizierte Fachautorin.
People-driven, innovative and dynamic, Karin van der Auwera specializes in creating clarity across borders, enhancing team performance and identifying intercultural solutions for better cooperation worldwide. Karin’s expertise ranges from improving intercultural understanding to developing internationally successful communication skills. Karin is equally effective dealing with country-specific challenges as well as clarifying general global perspectives. In a richly international career, Karin has lived, worked and studied throughout Europe, Great Britain and the USA. For more than 25 years, she has supported world-leading corporations with her expertise and practice proven know-how. Karin also is a published author in Germany and the United States.
2 modules, 4 days, 4 e-learnings
10.10.-11.10.2024 Intercult. competence for glob. coop., Hotel Sedartis, Thalwil 14.11.-15.11.2024 Let's talk business, Hotel Panorama Resort, Feusisberg
Attraktive Rabatte für Mehrfachbuchungen
Bei gleichzeitigem Eingang mehrerer Anmeldungen gilt folgendes Rabattsystem:
ab 2 gleichzeitigen Buchungen: 10% Rabatt
ab 4 gleichzeitigen Buchungen: 15% Rabatt
Wichtig! Die Anmeldung muss am gleichen Tag erfolgen. Die Rabatte sind nicht kumulierbar mit den ZfU-Sonderkonditionen und der Master-Ausbildung.
Als ZfU-Mitglied profitieren Sie von Spezialkonditionen für viele ZfU-Veranstaltungen. Dank der Jahresmitgliedschaft erhalten Sie auf dem offiziellen Seminarpreis immer mindestens 7% Rabatt.Jetzt Mitglied werden